O*NET Codes and Holland Codes FACT Sheets
The benefits are:
- Easy to read format
- Comprehensive and detailed lists
- Latest career information
- Reliable source - Occupational Information Network
- Links between Holland Codes and O*NET Codes
Using the ONET, the Occupational Information Network, Hollandcodes.com is preparing FACT SHEETS that will highlight the relationship between careers, O*NET Codes, Holland Codes, and the following factors –
- Work Activities
- Work Context
- Job Zone
- Work Values
Overview of the ONET, the Occupational Information Network
The O*NET, the Occupational Information Network, is the nation's primary source of occupational information, replacing the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
The O*NET has database has the information on hundreds of occupations -
- Occupational profiles
- Labor market information
- Links to the dot classification systems
- Search engine using skill requirements or key words
Each ONET description contains the following detail –
- Tasks - Tasks are specific work activities that can be unique for each occupation.
- Knowledge – Knowledge concepts are organized sets of principles and facts that apply to a wide range of situations.
- Skills - Skills are developed capacities that facilitate learning and the performance of activities that occur across jobs.
- Abilities - Abilities are enduring attributes of an individual that influence performance.
- Work Activities - Work Activities summarize the kinds of tasks that may be performed across multiple occupations.
- Work Context - Work Context refers to physical and social factors that influence the nature of work.
- Job Zone - Occupations with similar experience, education, and training requirements are grouped together into one of the five Job Zones.
- Interests - Interests indicate a person's preferences for work environments and outcomes.
- Work Values - Work Values are global aspects of work that are important to a person's satisfaction.
Access the O*NET
Use the O*NET On-Line Web Tool below.
Use direct link for computers, tablets, or Ipads.